The goal is to get drunk… I think? To be determined.
- You run into your competition in high school (come on, don’t be coy. Everybody had that person), and you are winning.
- One of your friends can’t stop talking about how happy they are in their long term relationship.
- Someone talks about how much they pay rent in a non-major city.
- A relative asks if you’re seeing someone.
- Someone asks “what happened to that one guy/girl?”
- Someone you grew up with started their own Silicon Valley start up (take a shot if they can’t stop talking about it, too).
- Someone is wearing a Santa hat in public.
- That one guy who still had his baby fat in middle school / high school is now obsessed with Crossfit.
Take a shot if:
- You run into a guy you used to have a crush on in middle school who now is working on his “dad bod.”
- Your flight is delayed.
- You are sitting next to a handsome guy on a plane and look like utter shit.
- Someone asks how much you pay rent in NYC and kind of laughs about it when you tell them.
- One of your happily coupled friends asks if you want to join them in some activity where you clearly would be a third wheel.
- Someone asks you if you want to go out on a date since you’re both “single during the Holidays”
- You get a text at some point saying “Wish you could be my New Years kiss”… depending on the person, might up your game to “retreat to your room with a bottle of wine”.
- Someone you went to school with is pregnant.
Retreat to your room with a bottle of wine if:
- You are thinking of going shopping in NYC’s Soho at any point for the Holidays. TRUST ME, YOU’LL NEED IT.
- One of your parents or grandparents says they’d like to see you engaged before they die.
- Someone says anything starting with, “Maybe you wouldn’t be single if…”